2019 Summer 5-a-side Soccer
Draw: Click HERE for the final Championship League tables.
Knock-out: Congratulations to our knock-out winners:
- Prem/Bund: PVB.
- Prem/Bund Plate: Salt Central.
- La Liga/Serie A: H-Town Street Katz.
- La Liga/Serie A Plate: Run Like The Winded.
2019 Season format
Weeks 1 to 3 – Grading. All teams were placed in one of four grading divisions.
Weeks 4 to 10 – Championship Leagues. Teams have been placed in one of four Championship Leagues, which were determined following their results during grading.
- The four leagues are: Premiership (8 teams), Bundesliga (8 teams), La Liga (8 teams) and Serie A (10 teams).
- Teams in the three 8 team leagues will play each team in their league twice.
- Teams in Serie A will play some teams in their league twice and some teams only once.
Knock-out Cup. This year’s knock-out cup will be played during the Championship League season.
- Knock-out games will begin on November 14. Finals will be played on December 19 (the final night).
- This means that on some nights your team will have three games.
- Drawn games will be decided by way of a penalty shoot-out.
Entries are open now, so please download the entry form HERE, fill it in and return to us (send and payment details below). The customary registration evening is on Thursday October 3, but we encourage you to get your entries in before then to receive your discount.
Senior team: $180.
Your entry fee must be paid in full to guarantee your team’s position. A $20 discount applies for all fees paid in full prior to Thursday October 3, 2019. Each team will receive a match ball on the first night of 5-a-side.
Click here for the entry form and rules for this year’s 5-a-side competition. The rules are the same as for 2018, but please make sure you read them carefully.
Entries to Dwayne Barlow at email@example.com or post to Matamata Swifts, PO Box 145, Matamata 3440. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or via internet banking. Our bank details for payment via internet banking are: Matamata Swifts AFC, Westpac Matamata – 030363-0323570-00. Please use your team name as the reference. Cheques can be made payable to Matamata AFC.