8th Grade to 13th Grade teams
Click the team name under the Juniors link in the main menu (or below).
Quick link: Junior draws here [link to come once the draws are available].
Mini-Kickers (4th to 7th Grade)
Sessions are every Saturday at 9am at the Domain. For more information click here.
Any queries about team selection must be made in writing to the club’s management committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the WaiBOP Football website (here) for easy access to draws and results for all our teams.
Click here for a Matamata Domain Field map.
PRE-SEASON DATES FOR 2017
- Registration: Online here or in person on Thursday March 2 and Thursday March 9 at the Matamata Domain clubrooms (6pm to 7pm both days).
- Grading (for 8th to 13th/14th Grade players): NOW ON Sunday March 19 at the Matamata Domain.
- 8th Grade (DOB 2009) 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
- 9th Grade & 10th Grade (DOB 2008 & 2007) 1.30pm to 3pm.
- 11th, 12th, 13th/14th Grade (DOB 2006, 2005, 2004 & 2003) 3pm to 4.30pm.
- No grading for Mini-Kickers (DOB 2010 to 2013).
- Note: DOB = Date of Birth.
- Teams named (8th to 13th/14th Grade): by Friday March 31. (Mini-Kicker team groups will be named on the first day – Saturday May 6.)
- Season begins: Saturday May 6.
Waikato Junior Calendar: click here.
Shorts and Socks: Junior players can purchase shorts and socks, along with other Swifts gear, at our ONLINE SHOP. Also look out for the Junior Starter Packs, which contain boots, shin pads and a ball.
We have adopted a junior development philosophy from the start of the 2015 season, along with both a parent’s and footballer’s code of conduct. Click here to read these. You can also download pdf versions of each statement.
Please also refer to the general club policies of Matamata Swifts AFC here.
Coaches & Managers: Please click here for forms and documents relating to Waikato Junior Football this season. This includes rules and regulations for the various grades, along with the 2017 Waikato junior calendar.
Junior Co-ordinator: Ronan Costello.
Administration: Jan Winke, Cathy O’Callaghan.
Team Liaison: John Harris, Roger Timms.
Mini-Kickers: Dwayne Barlow.
COACHING PROGRAMMES [to be confirmed]
Two new coaching programmes are available.
The Football For All Programme is aimed at Year 1 to 6 children who want to have a fun time and enhance their skills. It is open to club members and non-members alike, so please spread the word and tell all your mates. This programme is free for all current Matamata AFC registered players and comes with a small charge for non-members. Click here for more.
The Matamata Skill Centre is being run by the club, in conjunction with WaiBOP Football Federation, for our 11th and Open Grade players. It is for players who are serious about getting in some extra training ahead of the start of the season. Click here to for more information and to sign up.