REGISTER For more information on how to register to play in 2018 please visit our Junior Registration page.
PRE-SEASON DATES FOR 2018
- Registration: Visit our Junior Registration page for information on how to register online. You may also register in person on Thursday March 1 (6-7pm), Saturday March 3 (12.30pm to 2pm) or Sunday March 11 (prior to Junior Grading – from 11am to 12 noon).
- Grading (for 8th to 13th/14th Grade players): Sunday March 11 at the Matamata Domain.
- 8th Grade (DOB 2010) 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
- 9th Grade & 10th Grade (DOB 2009 & 2008) 1.30pm to 3pm.
- 11th, 12th, 13th/14th Grade (DOB 2007, 2006, 2005 & 2004) 3pm to 4.30pm.
- No grading for Mini-Kickers (DOB 2011 to 2014).
- Note: DOB = Date of Birth.
- Grading back-up day (in case of bad weather): Sunday March 18.
- Teams named (8th to 13th/14th Grade): by Friday March 23.
- Mini-Kicker (4th to 7th Grade) season begins: Saturday April 7, click here for more information.
- Junior (8th to 13th/14th Grade) season begins: Saturday May 5.
Waikato Junior Calendar: click here.
Shorts and Socks: Junior players can purchase shorts and socks, along with other Swifts gear, at our ONLINE SHOP. Also look out for the Junior Starter Packs, which contain boots, shin pads and a ball.
8th Grade to 13th Grade teams
Click the team name under the Juniors link in the main menu, or below. Teams will be named in mid-March, following Junior Grading.
Quick link: Junior draws here [link to come once the draws are available].
Mini-Kickers (4th to 7th Grade)
Sessions are every Saturday at 9am at the Domain. For more information click here.
Any queries about team selection must be made in writing to the club’s management committee at email@example.com.
Visit the WaiBOP Football website (here) for easy access to draws and results for all our teams.
Click here for a Matamata Domain Field map.
We have adopted a junior development philosophy, along with both a parent’s and footballer’s code of conduct. Click here to read these. You can also download pdf versions of each statement.
Please also refer to the general club policies of Matamata Swifts AFC here.
Coaches & Managers: Please click here for forms and documents relating to Waikato Junior Football this season. This includes rules and regulations for the various grades, along with the 2018 Waikato junior calendar.
Junior Co-ordinator: Ronan Costello.
Administration: Jan Winke, Cathy O’Callaghan.
Team Liaison: John Harris, Roger Timms.
Mini-Kickers: Dwayne Barlow.
COACHING PROGRAMMES [to be confirmed]
Two new coaching programmes are available.
The Football For All Programme is aimed at Year 1 to 6 children who want to have a fun time and enhance their skills. It is open to club members and non-members alike, so please spread the word and tell all your mates. This programme is free for all current Matamata AFC registered players and comes with a small charge for non-members.
The Matamata Skill Centre is being run by the club, in conjunction with WaiBOP Football Federation, for our 11th and Open Grade players. It is for players who are serious about getting in some extra training ahead of the start of the season.