Our 2019 Mini-Kickers programme begins on Saturday April 6 – 9am to 10am at the Matamata Domain.
It is for players aged 4 to 7, with a year of birth of 2015 to 2012 (dispensations are available for slightly younger and slightly older players. Please ask here).
- We need parent help to assist with coaching and the setting up of the fields.
- Coaching is easy and no prior football knowledge is required. Each coach will be provided with easy-to-follow session instructions every week and full support & training is also available. We hope to have some senior players helping out, but it would also be great if a good number of parents were involved too.
- Please contact Dwayne Barlow if you can help – on 021 993 832 or email@example.com.
Dates for the season
- Sessions run from 9am to 10am every Saturday morning.
- Term 1 Mini-kickers sessions on April 6 & April 13.
- Term 2 Mini-kickers will run from May 4 to July 6.
- Term 3 Mini-kickers will resume on July 27 and will run through to August 31.
- Mini-kickers players require shin pads and suitable footwear, ideally football boots, only.
- Players will be provided with playing shirts each week.
- Players are not required to wear black Swifts shorts and socks (any colour will be fine).
When you arrive please check the team list by the clubrooms to ensure you are registered. If your name is not on the list please see one of the organisers so we can ensure you are correctly registered. Visit our Junior Registration page for information on how to register to play in 2019.
Week 1 & 2 – April 6 & 13
- Each player will be given a football, which is theirs to keep and bring to Mini-Kickers every week.
- Players will then be placed in groups and will then run through model sessions, which will include several skill-based drills and small-sided games. This is so players – and their parents – become familiar with how sessions will run during terms 2 and 3.
- From Week 3 (the start of term 2) each session will consist of several skill-based exercises, before ending with small-sided games.
CANCELLATIONS: Visit our Facebook page here to find out if the weather has won this weekend.
Player of the Day awards will be presented every Saturday at the conclusion of the mini-kickers session. Please assemble next to the clubrooms for this.
- Players are graded initially based on their Year of Birth.
- For example, 7th Grade players are those who were born in 2012 (and have, or will, turn seven this year).
- So when you hear us talk about 7th Grade, 6th Grade and so on, this is what we mean.
If your child is interested in playing please register HERE or turn up at the Matamata Domain at 8.45am on Saturday April 7 or 14 so we can complete their registration before the session begins. The registration fee is $20 for the season and all players will be given a football to keep, which they must also bring to each Mini-Kickers session.
For more information contact Dwayne Barlow here.